Luckily, I found a way to create your own faux coral for WAY cheaper! I used a few old craft supplies I already had on hand, together with a cheap plastic fish tank accessory I purchased at Walmart to create this gorgeous, eye-catching decoration for only $5!
What you will need:
- Plastic fishtank coral
- School glue
- Small paintbrush
- Gold or silver spray paint (I used Rustolium in "champaign mist")
- Gold or Silver glitter (I used Martha Stewart in "yellow gold")
1. Spray paint the entire piece of coral with silver or gold paint. (This may take several coats!) Let the paint dry completely before moving to the next step!
2. Using a small paint brush, coat just the tips of the coral with school glue.
3. Before the glue dries, pour a generous coat of glitter on top, then turn the coral upside down and tap to remove any excess glitter that has not stuck to the glue.
And voila! Your DIY faux coral is ready to be used as a gorgeous display piece in your home!