Most people call this cracker toffee but at our house we just call it “crack toffee”… Yes it’s that addictive! Something about the mix of sweet and salty makes these crunchy squares insanely irresistible. Be for warned, if you make these without a crowd to feed, you will probably end up eating them all yourself!
1 cup Brown sugar
1 cup Butter
1 pkg. Unsalted saltine crackers (about 40)
2 cups Chocolate chips
1 tbsp Sea salt (optional)
1. Line a cookie sheet with non-stick tin foil and arrange crackers on top in a single layer.
2. Melt sugar and butter together in a small pot. Bring to boil and continue to boil for 3 minutes.
3. Pour sugar mixture over crackers and bake in 400 degree oven for 5 minutes.
4. Let cool for 5 minutes before sprinkling chocolate chips on top. The heat from the crackers will melt the chocolate chips so you can use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate evenly. Top with a sprinkle of sea salt if desired.
5. Cool in fridge for 1 hour before cutting into squares or breaking into pieces.